I Was Accepted to Wikio--Now What?

Share links for writers to make money, and promote your work.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Forum rules
Just nothing spammy...ie Black Seed crap

I Was Accepted to Wikio--Now What?

Postby raggedyann » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:12 pm

I was accepted to Wikio yesterday but have not had time to do anything with it except browse through it for about 15 minutes. Going to try to play around with it some this weekend, hopefully. I will post my progress. In the meantime, any advice? And by the way, how do eurodollars/pounds correlate to the American dollar? Do they pay through PayPal?
raggedyann

Re: I Was Accepted to Wikio--Now What?

Postby mostprobablies » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 pm

I was accepted too, but haven't written anything. I've heard it's a gold mine. The exchange rate changes all the time. I'm never current, but I think a Euro is 1.5 dollars?

I keep saying I'll try it out, but I haven't yet. DS pays more frequently, but Wikio supposedly has easy titles and easier editors. I think it's monthly.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby BoredWriter » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:48 am

7.5$ per EUR approx.

They are much more relaxed than DS, but they also take much longer to pay. However, I can write a Wikio article in 20', off the top of my head, while on DS it was half an hour writing, 15 minutes editing and another 20 trying to find supporting evidence even for things I knew perfectly well.

The titles are also less retarded. "Where to buy a white desk" just requires that you point to some retailers. It doesn't require that you fill in two references on how to buy a white desk, nor does it demand that it's retailers that only sell white desks.

I kinda enjoy the place for pocket money, I know people make a living off it. But the payment system is slow: Write in May, Request payment first of June, get paid between the 1st and the 10th of July. So if you live day to day DS is better.
BoredWriter

Postby Kiuka Finnegan » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:50 am

And by the way, how do eurodollars/pounds correlate to the American dollar?

Here is a good website for curency conversion. http://www.xe.com/ucc/ As has been mentioned, the rates fluctuate all the time - sometimes widely. If you're in the US and you're getting paid in Euros, you're usually getting a "bonus." :|

Wikio sounds interesting. I haven't checked it out yet, but probably will soon. Keep us posted on how you do.
Kiuka Finnegan

Postby hopeful » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:54 am

I just applied. Who knows, maybe it will give me a few more pennies? :)
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby hopeful » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:37 pm

Dang, has it been that long since I applied? Never heard back, not even a rejection.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby The Bitchuation » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:22 am

You might still hear-- my application took a long, long time to go through.
The Bitchuation

Return to Promote Your Work