Tricia Spencer fired

Tired of TE douchebaggery? Here ya go.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Tricia Spencer fired

Postby wannashootsomebody » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Michael Kedda personally fired her, and that's all I'm gonna say. He needs some Xanax or something. He doesn't take criticism well.

This is fucking shit! I'm going to pump out some DMS articles now. This can only get more interesting. I need more fucking kettle corn.
wannashootsomebody

Re: Tricia Spencer fired

Postby mostprobablies » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:36 pm

OH man. Not Tricia. It seems like anyone who complains in the forums gets canned. She was such a nice person, really cared about her topic, wanted Suite to succeed and tried to stay positive. That fucking SUCKS.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby hopeful » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:39 pm

Idon't know why you're surprised. It's their M.O. to fire writers who are outspoken and question what they are doing. That is why I was tanked, and I was very supportive of their stupid asses until they fired me. I'm actually surprised it took this long for them to do the same to Tricia.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby mostprobablies » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:43 pm

I just never saw her say anything bad. She just didn't agree with them, and Suite was always liberal about what was said in the forums. It's like they only want rainbows and sunshine in the forums. Hellooooo. People aren't making any money, so of course they're pissed. Suite101 has been the slowest to respond to Panda. Everyone else has done *something* to try to fix it. OK, so they are creating a new domain. If it's the same shit as it is now, how long do they expect it to last before the algorithm catches up to them?
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby notasucker » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:01 pm

OMG! Are you serious??? I'm with MP, I never saw Tricia say anything bad. Did she disagree with their actions? YES. Did she want Suite to succeed/bounce back? YES. Did she care not only about Suite but other writers? YES!

I'm pissed.

This is a dumb move. I worked as a paid moderator for a large corporation who specializes in moderation and social media services for a long, long time. The mantra beat into moderators' heads and even the clients' heads is you never, ever want to be too heavy-handed and let your forum members/blog readers vent on your turf because you know what? If they're not venting there, where you have some control over content and can do damage control, people WILL go elsewhere to a public forum, and do their bitching there instead for everyone to see, where you have zero control over what is being said and have no authority to edit, remove or try to repair relationships. Suite would do well to take that advice because...well, it's a bit too late because we have this site and other sites that ARE public where people are slamming them and I see many more in the future.

This is ridiculous. Who's next? Any bets?
notasucker

Postby wannashootsomebody » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:24 pm

I wish I could tell you more. I'm totally shocked by this. I'm not really that shocked when I think about Deb, because she has always been a rabble rouser over there. I think she was hoping they would take her content down, and they may once they read the blog post she has planned. It's a doozy!

I will say that all this has to do with comments made on Deb's goodbye thread. Fuck, I'm scared to fucking BREATHE over there anymore! This is just unbelievable that they would do this to Tricia. Hopefully, it's only temporary, and they will let her back in. I'd write and tell them I think it's unfair, but I'd probably be next in line if I do. Deb is writing directly to MK, though, because she has nothing to lose.

Why aren't Marcia and that total bitch Karen Berger gone? Those two seem to be fireproof. Oh, and D.A. Barber. He needs to be gone...long ago!
Last edited by wannashootsomebody on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wannashootsomebody

Postby notasucker » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:26 pm

Are you sure Tricia is fired? I'm in that thread now (haven't read it all yet), but she is showing in both the forum and her profile that she is a Feature Writer? If she were canned, shouldn't it show as Contributor?
notasucker

Postby wannashootsomebody » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:31 pm

She was fired as TE, evidently and not completely. It's still fucking stupid. I'm glad she at least kept her FW status, though.
wannashootsomebody

Postby Esmerelda » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 pm

I'm coming out of lurkdom for this, shocked and appalled. I'm not sure she's been removed from Suite though, as she's still showing as FW. She may have lost her TE post however. This sucks. She wanted only the best for Suite and fought dam hard for it. What a loss if she's really gone. She is a terrific writer and one of the best Suite has. There's something spiteful in all this and it pisses me off.
Esmerelda

Postby mostprobablies » Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:38 pm

So, I'm reading her posts. Can you tell us which post was the problem? I don't see any of her posts as a problem. I know Suite can't delete posts. They only edit posts, so one of the ones we see was supposedly the problem, and I don't see where she was being bitchy. Jeeez, MK, Suite's fucked up but don't take it out on your cheerleaders.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Next

Return to TEs - Give them hell