HOLY SHIT!

Tired of TE douchebaggery? Here ya go.

Moderator: Britney Spears

HOLY SHIT!

Postby wannashootsomebody » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:30 pm

Deborah Aldridge just quit Suite! I couldn't sleep, so I was looking around and found this in Networking/Off-Topic. She isn't answering her phone, so I don't know WTF is going on:

I've just asked Barbara to remove me as a Topic Editor. After only a few days, I can truly say that it is not what I thought it would be. I truly wanted to make a difference, but as others who have left the position have said before me, that isn't going to be possible. It isn't worth the time it would take to try to clean up the section when the editors are determined to let things through that don't even begin to live up to the quality standards that Suite101 had in place when I came here. I put in several hours here today for free, and now I'm told I can't even take things offline that I consider poor quality, and have no power to make poor writers make changes. My pom-poms are broken and my rah-rah is silenced. I no longer have any hope for this site. It's been quite a ride, but staying here isn't even worth the extra 30 cents I would make as an FW, so I won't be submitting my monthly article this month.

I never thought I'd give up on this site. Maybe God led me into this TE position to show me how wrong I was to believe that. All I know is that I'm heartbroken, and won't be back here, so goodbye everyone. It's been real, it's been fun, but lately, it ain't been real fun.
wannashootsomebody

Re: HOLY SHIT!

Postby So_not_nice » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:08 am

So?? J.C seems very flakey to me...she did the sensible thing. Kudos to her. Not worth the caps though IMHO
So_not_nice

Postby I'm Done » Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:39 am

I was surprised she was being such a huge cheerleader during the last several weeks. There were already several reports about the same issues (e.g. no power to enforce changes) before she became a TE. These problems weren't simply going to go away when she was named a TE. TEs are not true editors, so it was a mistake for her to assume she could effectively act like one. She tried an experiment and it failed. With the exception of her resignation, there was absolutely no surprise in that statement.

Even though several writers have quickly resigned from their TE positions, don't expect anything to change in the near future. It sounds like Suite received a ton of TE applications. Therefore, just like regular writers, there will always be someone to fill the void.
I'm Done

Postby wannashootsomebody » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:02 am

So?? J.C seems very flakey to me...she did the sensible thing. Kudos to her. Not worth the caps though IMHO

Fuck you...really. Just fuck you. She is my friend. I know her, you don't. Who the fuck are you to pass judgment on her flakiness? I'd rather be flaky than hateful.

I was surprised she was being such a huge cheerleader during the last several weeks. There were already several reports about the same issues (e.g. no power to enforce changes) before she became a TE. These problems weren't simply going to go away when she was named a TE. TEs are not true editors, so it was a mistake for her to assume she could effectively act like one. She tried an experiment and it failed. With the exception of her resignation, there was absolutely no surprise in that statement.

You have no idea how much of a surprise it was, and how hard she has fought for the last year just to stay on Suite.

I just talked to her. They have revoked her writing privileges, but left her articles up. She's writing to see if she will still get paid or not, if not, she is going to do something drastic to get them to take them down. Oh, and she has screenshots of every single post on the TE forum. Just thought the sheeple from Suite would like to know that.
wannashootsomebody

Postby DSAldridge » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks for the defense, Wanna, but you don't have to take up for me. I can take up for myself. As for being flaky, yeah, I can be, but I try to live a good life, not hurt anybody, and make amends when I do. I know some people hate me, but that's just because they look in the mirror and see a lot of me in themselves. Self-hatred is kinda sad and to be pitied, actually. I like myself the way I am. I don't really give a fuck what anyone else thinks of me, unless it affects my professional life or my kids, then I will do something about it.

Suite101 is dead, and is dead to me. I'm going to just move on with my life. I tried to be positive about it, but I just couldn't anymore. The site is a non-entity as far as the internet is concerned. Maybe they should have started TE's long ago when people were actually writing, and TE's had something to do. I'll write about it on my blog, and post a link here so you can know what's going on behind the scenes. In the meantime, Wanna, chill out! You're a good friend. Let's go get a beer tonight and make fun of rich college brats, K?

Hugs to all...even the hateful ones, because they need it most of all.

Deb
DSAldridge

Postby hopeful » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 am

Don't worry, Deborah, you'll get your money. I got paid earlier this month for the prior two months, and I was booted well over a month ago. Kind of waiting to see if they'll take my articles down or leave them up. Making less than a $1 a week, so I really don't care either way.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Return to TEs - Give them hell