A Fun TE Challenge for y'all

Tired of TE douchebaggery? Here ya go.

Moderator: Britney Spears

A Fun TE Challenge for y'all

Postby So_not_nice » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:50 pm

Okay...so I was having a wee look to see how busy our esteemed TEs must be what with all their complicated instructions and queue of articles to be TE'd and, of course, their VERY IMPORTANT TE forum to participate in - so I picked the CHEERLEADER of Suite 101 (I know y'all have a lot of time for her) Victoria, to get an idea of her workload...seems she's the only one who writes in her topic...
How many other TEs can you find who only have their own work to TE???
So_not_nice

Re: A Fun TE Challenge for y'all

Postby wannashootsomebody » Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:52 am

A lot of TE's have complained that there is nothing to edit, because nobody is writing. My TE friend says she only has one person actually writing in her topic besides her. Mostly, she says TE's are making deals with other TE's to exchange articles, especially the ones who write for obscure topics. Since they only get paid their .50 for new articles, that means most of them are working for free. They do get paid a cut of rev share on the articles featured on the topic page, but nobody knows exactly how much that is yet, and there are only 8 featured articles allowed, so they have to constantly change them out and promote them. I wonder what that hourly wage works out to? I think we will find a lot of TE's quitting once it becomes clear they are working for nothing.
wannashootsomebody

Postby mostprobablies » Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:49 pm

Do a search for published a year ago on this date and it's 3 pages long. There is only 1 page of articles for today. Nobody is writing anything. Even Helium is better right now, because you get the same pennies result but at least you get $5-$8 upfront. Suite went from being the best place for rev share to the worst. Now, you have random anybody who may not like you and has a different opinion flagging your articles to give you grief. Fuck that.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:23 am

If you were going to write anyway, at least as a TE you get some money. As a CW, there's no point because you'll never make even $0.5 since neither Google nor staff give a shit about the site anymore.
Even the CTR are dismal, not to mention the revenue share. Which may come from the fact that the ads are horribly badly matched.
BoredWriter

Postby DSAldridge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:57 am

BoredWriter wrote:If you were going to write anyway, at least as a TE you get some money. As a CW, there's no point because you'll never make even $0.5 since neither Google nor staff give a shit about the site anymore.
Even the CTR are dismal, not to mention the revenue share. Which may come from the fact that the ads are horribly badly matched.

That's why most of the TE's took the positions, because their 50 cents an article is better than nothing. I just couldn't see the point in writing for 50 cents an article an no guaranteed return after that when I can go to AC and get $3-5 an article PLUS guaranteed $2/1000 pv's. I've heard that a lot of Suite writers are now at AC. AC used to be the place nobody wanted to write, but it's come up quite a bit since Yahoo took over. I have an account there, with just a few more articles than I had at Suite, and I make from $8-10 a month in rev share over there without even promoting. Once I get these bills paid up, I plan to do a lot more there and at Bright Hub.
DSAldridge

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 am

I was on AC until they pulled a nasty and went american only, and then to add insult to injury went nofollow.
No payment, no link juice, I wasn't going to let them have my content there just for "reputation".
BoredWriter

Return to TEs - Give them hell