Private Editor's Forum

Tired of TE douchebaggery? Here ya go.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Private Editor's Forum

Postby wannashootsomebody » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:33 am

Let the TE's who are vicious and unfair go and show the true editors exactly who they are. If human nature holds true, there are bound to be some rogue TE's who will sneak over here in the still of the night and post stuff by proxy that has been put on there. There are no secrets on the internet, folks. There is always someone who will get mad enough to ignore the dangers and call you out.

I know some of the TE's read over here, so I'll just say this. You'd better keep your conversations over there to editing and only editing, and don't let it get personal, or you'll end up being front page news over here. I know of at least one TE who won't be able to do that in a million years.

I give them a month before they're tearing each others' hair out.
wannashootsomebody

Re: Private Editor's Forum

Postby mostprobablies » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:52 am

The CE forum at DS has a rule that CEs can't discuss writers or ask to reject an article. Right now, it's a free-for-all in the TE forum.

I'll say it now:

Any TE who wants to PM me info, I will not mention your name. I'll just post the info, or you can just post it yourself. Whatever you want. The writers will appreciate it just like the writers appreciate the rogue CEs at DS. Without the rogue ones, DS would have walked all over writers with the WDP tool and no one would have known about what was said after the CE feedback tool.

My favorite is still that CEs are higher up on the totem pole. That was classic. lol
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby wannashootsomebody » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:20 pm

mostprobablies wrote:The CE forum at DS has a rule that CEs can't discuss writers or ask to reject an article. Right now, it's a free-for-all in the TE forum.

I'll say it now:

Any TE who wants to PM me info, I will not mention your name. I'll just post the info, or you can just post it yourself. Whatever you want. The writers will appreciate it just like the writers appreciate the rogue CEs at DS. Without the rogue ones, DS would have walked all over writers with the WDP tool and no one would have known about what was said after the CE feedback tool.

My favorite is still that CEs are higher up on the totem pole. That was classic. lol

I hope the TRUE Suite editors will not let it become a free-for-all. Look what happened at DS despite that rule. Names were named, people made fun of. I doubt anyone was banned or fired because of that, although I haven't seen PatM around since her last drunken tirade. Suite used to be the "classy" site. It's devolved into something more like AC. Their forums have always been full of bullies and prima-donnas who never have anything done to them. At least their editors don't post on the forums.

Yeah, that totem pole stuff was such BS, and the part about the Community College writers' course too. Arrogant asses! I truly hate some CE's and I'm beginning to use the tool to let it be known the BS they pull, especially that sh*thead who is slamming scores right now. I've actually gotten 1's on research lately, and I'm a fucking expert! I know one or two people who have as well, and in different sections, by the same CE obviously. Same editing style, same slamming scores for no good reason. Deb said her research score went from 4.3 to 3.3 in a week! That has to be 1's, right? I'm sure I've gotten a couple of recommendations to go to WDP, which will be ignored because I already went to WEP, which is pretty much the same from what I hear. That whole system sucks.
wannashootsomebody

Postby mostprobablies » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:27 pm

wannashootsomebody wrote:
mostprobablies wrote:The CE forum at DS has a rule that CEs can't discuss writers or ask to reject an article. Right now, it's a free-for-all in the TE forum.

I'll say it now:

I hope the TRUE Suite editors will let it become a free-for-all. Look what happened at DS despite that rule. Names were named, people made fun of. I doubt anyone was banned or fired because of that, although I haven't seen PatM around since her last drunken tirade. Suite used to be the "classy" site. It's devolved into something more like AC. Their forums have always been full of bullies and prima-donnas who never have anything done to them. At least their editors don't post on the forums.

Yeah, that totem pole stuff was such BS, and the part about the Community College writers' course too. Arrogant asses! I truly hate some CE's and I'm beginning to use the tool to let it be known the BS they pull, especially that sh*thead who is slamming scores right now. I've actually gotten 1's on research lately, and I'm a fucking expert! I know one or two people who have as well, and in different sections, by the same CE obviously. Same editing style, same slamming scores for no good reason. Deb said her research score went from 4.3 to 3.3 in a week! That has to be 1's, right? I'm sure I've gotten a couple of recommendations to go to WDP, which will be ignored because I already went to WEP, which is pretty much the same from what I hear. That whole system sucks.

They say PatM was fired, but she could have just been banned. I don't know if I believe she was fired, but supposedly her profile is gone. Some of these people have checking up on people down to a science. :lol:
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby wannashootsomebody » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:47 pm

I certainly hope she was fired, but maybe she's just getting professional help and will be allowed to return once her meds kick in. I swear, that last post had so many misspellings in it, she was either drunk or on drugs. Crazy bitch!

Then again, not much crazier than the one I have now, who keeps putting MULTIPLE errors into my articles. I've filled out 5 reports on the tool, and sent in 3 correction requests, and they just keep on comin'! I call her "Can-Can" because she takes out every instance of the word "can" and replaces it with something else, even if it is necessary to the sentence! I wrote and asked if the word "can" was BANNED from DMS, and they said no, but it should be used judiciously, and should be replaced with "may" if possible. So I replace it with "may" and she changes that! I'm seriously sick of this whacko.

Forgive me, I've been writing DMS articles for 6 days straight, and I'm a little touchy. :evil:
wannashootsomebody

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:01 am

I don't even want to see what the TE wiki looks like (If they manage to make it work, that's it).

So far I've been really disappointed at the attitude of most TEs. Either they try to beg people to write for them (so they can make their half a dollar I guess) or go at lengths to say how all the other TEs suck.

Or cheer because they made $0.01, so it's the path to recovery.

If feels like in order to be a TE you need to become a cheerleader, a bitch or a mix of the two. That or the normal ones just do their thing away from the forums.
BoredWriter

Postby DSAldridge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:12 am

BoredWriter wrote:I don't even want to see what the TE wiki looks like (If they manage to make it work, that's it).

So far I've been really disappointed at the attitude of most TEs. Either they try to beg people to write for them (so they can make their half a dollar I guess) or go at lengths to say how all the other TEs suck.

Or cheer because they made $0.01, so it's the path to recovery.

If feels like in order to be a TE you need to become a cheerleader, a bitch or a mix of the two. That or the normal ones just do their thing away from the forums.

By and large, TE's are not evil. Some are, no doubt, cranky and arrogant, but if you will look at them, those are the FW's who were ALWAYS that way. Remember when the FW's had this superiority complex and were whining that their content was being taken off of the front page and not listed on there topic pages, and they were making less money? A lot of FW's had the idea that they deserved special treatment. They bitched when CW's were allowed into the site, and they bitched when CW's were given a more prominent face on the site. I think they should all get together and make their own damned site where they can be front and center, and leave Suite alone. As for what goes on in the forums, that will be in part 2 of the blog post. It will actually surprise you, I think.
DSAldridge

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:17 am

Well, in my experience so far there're a few FW/TE that just believe in screaming that everybody else is at fault, specially CW and ESL of all sorts, and that Suite went to hell because of that. With all my respects, I have seen very good articles from CWs, and very badly SEO optimized articles by FW.

If you can sniff out the keywords they are targeting without thinking because they keep repeating and appearing in surprising places of the text, it's over-optimization.
BoredWriter

Return to TEs - Give them hell