Talk about the douchebaggery

Tired of TE douchebaggery? Here ya go.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Talk about the douchebaggery

Postby mostprobablies » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:34 pm

At the request of someone I accidentally banned (sorrrrry), here is a TE forum. I think I'm going to retire the "Suite101 Writer" forum since it falls under the quality forum. There's some crapola going on between TEs and writers, so here is where you can tell Suite101 (yes, they read here) what TE sucks ass and why without worrying about some douche disabling your writer account at Suite101.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Re: Talk about the douchebaggery

Postby raggedyann » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:12 am

Here's a funny one.

Yesterday I was contacted by a Topic "editor" ( and sorry, these people ain't editors) wanting to feature one of my articles on her topic page. She couldn't use it however because it did not have a photograph. She went on to lecture me in her authoritative "editorial" stance on the requirements of a photograph, where I could find photographs, how to secure photographs, and that I really needed to load a photograph!

It was with happiness that I had to inform her that I had been banned from the site for about two months and could not even touch the articles, and that I supposed she could not use the article!

One look at her profile pic and I melted into laughter--it is horrible, grainy, and very unprofessional. I mean, it ugly like it has been hit with an ugly stick.

I found the poser's photography lecture hilarious--I have no humbleness in saying I am a fab photographer. It is my other calling and spent years and money invested in my photographs. Which I removed from the Suite Crooks. Besides, the "guidelines' may want a photograph: the CONTRACT has NO such stipulation.

Hullo, Suitee TPTB: shouldn't you let your TEs in on the writers you have banned?
Whatcha gonna do--go put an ugly pic on it?

Idiots!!
raggedyann

Postby Kiuka Finnegan » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:03 am

I will say that my one interaction with a TE so far has been positive. It was the TE for a section I seldom ever write for and it concened a slight correction to an ancient article of mine. This particular TE never posts in the forums. The section I usually write in doesn't have a TE at this point (and it won't be me, as I've no interest in or qualifications for being an "editor").

The forums are getting increasingly ugly over at Suite, and I've certainly identified several TEs in whose sections I wouldn't dream of writing.
Kiuka Finnegan

Postby wannashootsomebody » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 am

raggedyann wrote:Here's a funny one.

Yesterday I was contacted by a Topic "editor" ( and sorry, these people ain't editors) wanting to feature one of my articles on her topic page. She couldn't use it however because it did not have a photograph. She went on to lecture me in her authoritative "editorial" stance on the requirements of a photograph, where I could find photographs, how to secure photographs, and that I really needed to load a photograph!

It was with happiness that I had to inform her that I had been banned from the site for about two months and could not even touch the articles, and that I supposed she could not use the article!

One look at her profile pic and I melted into laughter--it is horrible, grainy, and very unprofessional. I mean, it ugly like it has been hit with an ugly stick.

I found the poser's photography lecture hilarious--I have no humbleness in saying I am a fab photographer. It is my other calling and spent years and money invested in my photographs. Which I removed from the Suite Crooks. Besides, the "guidelines' may want a photograph: the CONTRACT has NO such stipulation.

Hullo, Suitee TPTB: shouldn't you let your TEs in on the writers you have banned?
Whatcha gonna do--go put an ugly pic on it?

Idiots!!

ROTFLMAO!!! I needed that this morning, really I did. This is so like Suite, for one hand not to know what the other is doing. I'm glad you removed all your pictures. I use all free pics for that same reason. I'm not giving my pictures to anybody! Examiner did that to me. I put up some personal pictures and they changed the TOU and locked me out of my articles so I could not take them down. If I had the money, I would hire a lawyer to get those pictures back. It's only 4 pictures, but they are MINE, DAMMIT! I learned a hard lesson from that, and NEVER use my own pictures anywhere anymore. People on my blogs and forums are always wanting pictures of my plants, but when I post them, I always watermark them well so that no one can steal them.
wannashootsomebody

Postby raggedyann » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:00 am

Okie dokie--haven't I said that TPTB need to inform their Topic Editors re who has been banned from the site:

Just got this message from a TE that has a whole 22 articles to her credit:

"It was brought to my attention that the photo in this article is no longer working. I've had to take the article down. If you wish to upload a new photo and resubmit the article I encourage you to do so. Thanks so much!"

Here is my reply:

"Thanks for taking down my article! I have been banned from Suite 101 for removing all the photographs from my articles: at one time they all had original photographs on them. I was banned almost three months ago! They also banned me for openly asking in the forum polite questions regarding copyright issues regarding ebooks. I won't be resubmitting it, lol. Now if I can just get the other 140 taken down. Good Luck with Suite: Looks like you're gonna need it. Since I have no access to my account, I have no idea which article it was. I think I have more in (your section) with no photos. Can you take those down as well? Bless you."

Incompetency defined.
raggedyann

Postby hopeful » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:58 am

LOL Well, you just let that TE know who you are! :) And if TPTB read the messages over there, they now know as well. But like me, you probably don't care if they know who you are.

Oh, and good luck with her taking down your other articles. ;-)
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby mostprobablies » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:15 am

Gotta love noobs judging your articles.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby DSAldridge » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:51 pm

I am of the mind that no one with fewer than 50 articles should be allowed to be a TE, but I guess they are desperate now. I gotta go earn some money, guys. See ya later.
DSAldridge

Postby raggedyann » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:37 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: SUCCESS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My articles have been taken down! Thanks DEB for encouraging to write and ask again. My profile is mostly down and I cannot log in anymore! Hallelujah! I feel like Deb FREE AT LAST!!! I wrote Emma late last night and stated my case again. This afternoon they are gone! Yippee!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Finally!!!
raggedyann

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:54 am

Hello,

I just wanted to ask a question that I cannot ask on Suite because I'll be banned or worse...

What motivation do I have to write an article if the only one who is going to make money off it is the TE (who gets at least $0.5)?

Maybe somebody can help. I keep hearing things about writing for Suite bringing you untold riches and invitations to exclusive parties but considering the trending topics are Zodiac Signs and Pet care I don't think my audience likes Suite very much.

Also, while I'm on it...
Why TE are allowed to select Featured articles for the home page that have horrible, pixelated and wrong pictures? Can't they change the template to use smaller pictures since there's not enough quality articles with quality pictures to be featured?

Thanks everybody for the rant.
BoredWriter

Next

Return to TEs - Give them hell