Fun argument in Suite Forums

General chat about whatever. Maybe we can bring back the awesome that was the Suite101 forum networking and advice we had in past years.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby Fuck 'Em » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:35 pm

For those of you who still have access, check out this thread

http://www.suite101.com/pages/posts.cfm?t=21928&sr=1
Fuck 'Em
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:24 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby mostprobablies » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 am

LOL!!! He put it in "Promote your writing." That's hilarious!

I ROFL'd at "Instead of being a discussion about the benefits of writing for the Huffington Post as I intended as the OP, this has become yet another hijacked thread by the usual suspects."

Hey Sally Anne Lewis. STFU and just don't go into the thread, you retard.

Then, when the butthurt level is high, a TE comes around with "Oh hay, son, you done got to read them thar code of conduct rules."

The guy posts Family Guy cartoons, so he's tops in my book. lol
mostprobablies
Site Admin
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby JustSue » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:38 pm

Can you fill in us shunned ones? :-)
JustSue
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby mostprobablies » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:16 pm

Here is the OP, but it's really just funny, because he put it in the "Promote Your Writing" and it's a political piece, then the conservatives jumped his shit and people started calling for the thread to get moved to a new section. :lol: The guy just basically played it cool and made fun of them with a Family Guy pic.

OP Post

Yea, I know... I'm a Huff Post whore writing for them:

Mr. President: You Can't "Rebuild America" Without Creating Green Jobs

And some responses! LOL!!!




Sally Anne Lewis
Topic Editor
Just move it Vicky, and maybe rename it 'Let's get political' I don't think we care which category it's in, do we?



D.A. Barber
Contributing Writer
Quote:
Sally Anne Lewis wrote: Just move it Vicky, and maybe rename it 'Let's get political' I don't think we care which category it's in, do we?

Wow! Hijacked! This is great!!!

Instead of being a discussion about the benefits of writing for the Huffington Post as I intended as the OP, this has become yet another hijacked thread by the usual suspects.

Let me cut the noise short with something we can all agree on: All politicians are scumbag liars who will say and promise anything to get elected. After that, they spend all their time trying to get re-elected.

Now, can we move on “promoting your writing?”


reply

#14 Sep 9, 2011 2:34 PM

Marcia Stone
Contributing Writer
Disagree once again --we've got some very, very good politicians in New York City --Liz Krueger for one, Carolyn Maloney for another. How about Chuck Schumer? And although I don't know Obama as well as I do my local politicians, my impression is that he's exceedingly honorable and working for the common good (which takes some doing considering that he's up against the Koch brothers and their hired hands in the tea party).Mayor Bloomberg has done some very good things as well.

It's profiling and outright prejudice to paint everyone in any category the way you did --I won't repeat your language which is unpleasant.

As for Huffington --dreadful place filled with amateur writers. AOL is a mill and while they pay their journalists (very little) they work them to death and don't give them enough time to do a story properly --writing reviews of movies and the like without ever seeing the film or whatever. Journalists have been writing about AOL in the journal of the Columbia J School and it sounds awful. Personally, I don't see any benefits whatsoever of writing for either of these Huffington-dominated faux news places; unless the only thing you want is see your name in print..

Quote:
D.A. Barber wrote:
Quote:
Sally Anne Lewis wrote: Just move it Vicky, and maybe rename it 'Let's get political' I don't think we care which category it's in, do we?

Wow! Hijacked! This is great!!!

Instead of being a discussion about the benefits of writing for the Huffington Post as I intended as the OP, this has become yet another hijacked thread by the usual suspects.

Let me cut the noise short with something we can all agree on: All politicians are scumbag liars who will say and promise anything to get elected. After that, they spend all their time trying to get re-elected.

Now, can we move on “promoting your writing?”




reply Edited on Sep 9, 2011 4:46 PM

#15 Sep 9, 2011 6:27 PM

Kelly Smith
Topic Editor
Marcia, I'm so tired of listening to socialists. Cuba is not that far away, OK? Get a boat.
reply

#16 Sep 9, 2011 6:33 PM

Malysa Stratton Louk
Topic Editor


I knew there was a reason I didn't read past post 2.

reply Edited on Sep 9, 2011 6:37 PM

#17 Sep 9, 2011 6:33 PM

Tristan Devereux
Contributing Writer
Quote:
Kelly Smith wrote: Marcia, I'm so tired of listening to socialists. Cuba is not that far away, OK? Get a boat.

Oh good; another indoctrinated lemming from the far right. You need to go visit a physiatrist, or a neurologist, or somebody who can tell you what the hell is going on up there in your mind--then you can come back and try to argue with freethinkers.
reply

#18 Sep 9, 2011 6:54 PM

Kelly Smith
Topic Editor
You got a big mouth for a juvenile, son. Talk to me when you've got a few years under that belt. Freethinkers? Sounds like either leftist or nothing; what's free about that?
reply

#19 Sep 9, 2011 7:03 PM

D.A. Barber
Contributing Writer
Quote:
Kelly Smith wrote: You got a big mouth for a juvenile, son. Talk to me when you've got a few years under that belt. Freethinkers? Sounds like either leftist or nothing; what's free about that?

Kelly’s writer’s guidelines for his site, The Green Frugal (on another thread):

“Thank you for your interest in writing for The Green Frugal. We are a niche site, focusing on green, natural and organic living while doing it all frugally. So do it Frugal or I’ll punch you in the mouth!”


reply Edited on Sep 9, 2011 7:07 PM

#20 Sep 9, 2011 7:07 PM

Kelly Smith
Topic Editor
Quote:
D.A. Barber wrote:
Quote:
Kelly Smith wrote: You got a big mouth for a juvenile, son. Talk to me when you've got a few years under that belt. Freethinkers? Sounds like either leftist or nothing; what's free about that?

Kelly’s writer’s guidelines for his site, The Green Frugal (on another thread):

“Thank you for your interest in writing for The Green Frugal. We are a niche site, focusing on green, natural and organic living while doing it all frugally. So do it Frugal or I’ll punch you the mouth!”



DAB, that's what we lemmings do when provoked by little boy whiners. Just our nature ;-)




Kelly Smith
Topic Editor
Quote:
Tristan Devereux wrote:
Quote:
Kelly Smith wrote: You got a big mouth for a juvenile, son. Talk to me when you've got a few years under that belt.

Because it takes many years of having your dreams repeatedly crushed before you're sufficiently dead inside to be vote ultra-conservative?

"Having your dreams repeatedly crushed"? Man up, grow a pair, and deal with life. That is what happens. And no, I'm conservative because I've started and run several successful businesses. Under conservative administrations, business was encouraged. Under liberal ones, it's just one more tax and restriction after another. I like generating profit, creating jobs, and making money. Not redistributing wealth.

I'm a conservative because I made my dreams reality by perservering, not by crying about the crushing. When you spend all your time ruminating about crushing experiences, that's when you are dead inside. Make yourself a success.
mostprobablies
Site Admin
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby NoWay » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:53 pm

Hahahaa... That's about as epic as it gets these days without someone getting fired.
NoWay
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:35 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby hopeful » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Dang, I'm actually surprised no one has gotten fired from that thread. I thought the name calling was grounds for being booted now? Guess I was wrong. LOL
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby JustSue » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:13 am

hopeful wrote:Dang, I'm actually surprised no one has gotten fired from that thread. I thought the name calling was grounds for being booted now? Guess I was wrong. LOL


Yeah seriously. I got fired for far less than what was posted in that thread. I guess you are allowed to be nasty, name call, and insult your fellow writers all you want, but say anything that isn't sunshine and rainbows about Suite and you're gone.
JustSue
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Re: Fun argument in Suite Forums

Postby hopeful » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:20 pm

Yeah, you are probably right. I did get booted because I "dared" question Suite's new writers. They didn't give a shit that I made a comment about the writer, only that I made them look stupid for letting in an ESL who couldn't write legible English. That must be the distinction.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:26 pm


Return to Anything Goes

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron