Who's more mad...Barbi or DSA/WSS???

General chat about whatever. Maybe we can bring back the awesome that was the Suite101 forum networking and advice we had in past years.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Who's more mad...Barbi or DSA/WSS???

Postby So_not_nice » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:58 am

I'm starting to think Barbi - and therefore MPS and all of us - have been played by Deb who is obviously crazy... :evil:
So_not_nice

Re: Who's more mad...Barbi or DSA/WSS???

Postby hopeful » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 am

IF it's true. We don't know who Secret Squirrel is. True, Deb hasn't really said she's not WSS, but outing someone isn't supposed to be allowed here. I'm surprised MPS hasn't edited that out yet. Maybe cause having two accounts isn't allowed, but do we have rules here? I didn't think so, other than outing someone. :)

But yeah, if it is true, then she is a bit nuts. That whole hospital thing and updating us on her condition would be really strange if played out by only one person.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby BoredWriter » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:12 am

The admin can just check the IPs, they get logged on each post. If somebody posts from a hospital, then from home, then from another home, just to keep up a charade I'd be surprised. I think this is just mudslinging up and down, and I am trying to avoid paying any attention to it.
BoredWriter

Postby mostprobablies » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:43 am

A couple of things:

Deb/WSS said they were leaving, so I don't know if she is coming back.
You can create multiple accounts here.
I don't think Deb was being outed, because she openly said who she was, so that's why I didn't edit any posts.

I did promise no censorship unless it was too much douchebaggery. As much as I don't like some of the stuff that is said sometimes, I don't think it falls into a level of huge douchebaggery, so I left the post. Sorry Deb/WSS if you're reading this. It's nothing against you or anyone, but I promised no censorship and someone being an ass doesn't warrant an edit. This is the "not so nice Suite zone," and I'm sure I'll get flamed sooner or later. (I actually did already) lol The Suite people read here, so it's expected that they will come here flaming the people here. Try not to let a forum bother you. That's all I can say. If it bothers you too much, then you probably shouldn't post here.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby somebody_else » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:25 am

Lurker coming out here, but just this once, so you can flame me all you want. I won't see it.

I've known Deborah a long time, met her online and have met her in person a few times. I've been involved with her on sites all over the web since 2000, and I am the one who told her to apply to Suite when she was not happy with AC. Don't know this WSS person, but I can tell you this. If Deborah says she exists, she does.

Yes, Deborah is passionate and easily riled, and defensive of her friends, but schizophrenic and delusional, she is not. As for why she left, why would ANYONE want to be part of a site where they were accused of the things she and her friend have been accused of? I think that anyone who would continue to post to such a site should be the one looking after their mental well being. Anyone who sticks around to be accused and abused has some issues that most probably would benefit from psychiatric treatment.

As for the flamer, I most probably know who this person is. They have a beef with Deborah from Demand Media Studios, not Suite101, and have caused her untold grief on that site and elsewhere, and even sent her malicious emails to an address she ONLY uses for DMS and PayPal, so we suspect it is someone on staff, or a hacker who has cracked into the site records. There are a lot of hackers on DSS.

For those of you who want to believe the worst, maybe there is something a little wrong with you too. Most probably you have some trust issues, since you are so willing to believe the worst about people who have been nothing but kind to you. I've been lurking here a long time, even when there were only three or four people posting, so I know how it was before the Suite flamers and the DSS'ers came along. If you will think about it, WSS was here long before Deb made her appearance, and she only came in to defend herself against Barbi.

Don't be so quick to judge someone just because another anonymous person says they are something they probably aren't. The only person who knows for sure is MP, and she has done some pretty freakish things in her time too, so I don't think she would ever judge or out anyone. If this person is absolutely sure these two are the same person, then secret_squirrel could ONLY be MP. Think about it. Benevolent site protector one minute, anonymous flamer the next. I don't see it, but it's the only real possibility if what they say is to be taken as fact -- unless the site has been hacked, and MP being a computer pro and all, I don't see that happening.

Otherwise, this person is wrong, and the fact that they are vicious enough to even post this shit proves that maybe THEY are the one who is a little schizo, at least suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder. Ask yourself why? What did Deborah ever do to this person? For you DMS'ers, does the name "Pat" ring a bell? Most probably, or the vicious toad on DSS. Maybe the CE on DMS who is tearing apart their articles? There are obviously some really sick personalities over there, if DSS is any indication.

People who feel a need to tear other people down are much, much sicker than the ones who are being flamed. They are dangerous. Trust me. I'm a mental health professional. I think you all owe Deborah an apology. She tried to help you, be a part of your revolution, and now you are believing some delusional entity that just pops in? Things like this don't happen all of a sudden. This person has a long-standing grudge from somewhere. Maybe Jennifer never DID really get over what happened at Suite. Maybe Barbi is back in another disguise. All I know for sure is that Deborah is not sick enough to do what you are believing she did. This is my professional opinion. Take it or leave it.
somebody_else

Postby mostprobablies » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:40 am

ummm, no, I'm not secret_squirrel.

And, I'm not sure where you're going with the DMS CE attacking Deb (DS CEs are just as psycho as the writers, so it's always possible), but the Frog at DSS isn't a CE. Maybe I'm not reading that right, but the Frog is just a writer like most people there.

PatM was supposedly fired too. I wouldn't be surprised if PatM had a hit list, but it looks like she got booted.

ETA: oops, just read this last paragraph.

People who feel a need to tear other people down are much, much sicker than the ones who are being flamed. They are dangerous. Trust me. I'm a mental health professional. I think you all owe Deborah an apology. She tried to help you, be a part of your revolution, and now you are believing some delusional entity that just pops in? Things like this don't happen all of a sudden. This person has a long-standing grudge from somewhere. Maybe Jennifer never DID really get over what happened at Suite. Maybe Barbi is back in another disguise. All I know for sure is that Deborah is not sick enough to do what you are believing she did. This is my professional opinion. Take it or leave it.

It's a forum, so yes, people do just pop in to attack. secret_squirrel has been around for a while, but he/she just hasn't posted. Not sure why that seems so implausible to you. I'm not defending anything this poster said, but all she/he did was post a PM and give Deb some shit. I said I wasn't going to censor, so I can't go around editing posts that people don't like. secret_squirrel's asshattery is within the bounds, even if I think the poster is a douche or not. I appreciate Deb being a part of the forum, but if it upsets her, I totally understand why she wants to leave. It's the smart thing to do. She is always welcome to come back, if she wants to. She can make requests that people not attack certain posters. Whether or not anyone follows through on her request is up to them, but I can't just edit posts that are flames.

I'm really sorry she's upset, and thanks for posting this. However, you're off on some of your assumptions. Since you aren't coming back, then I guess I'm just talking to everyone reading here. :lol:
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby otterpop » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:54 pm

As Somebody_else will never see this ( :D ), let me post my hypothesis:

Deb says to herself, "I must protect my identities, because people are starting to work out the puzzle pieces on how unlikely it would be two friends who live next door to one another to communicate on a message board instead of just meeting in the garden, and now my convienently-timed-for-sympathy hospitalisation looks as though my mind is unhinged. I know! I'll post again as a name that will convince all who read my manifesto that it is someone else, not me ... A name that is Somebody Else!"

Somebody is most probably not a mental health professional. If he/she were, we'd be reading that the stress of _______ caused her to act out by _________ which is a is a natural reaction to ______. I'm not a mental health professional, either, but they are always saying those things when they are on tv or in the paper explaining or defending people.

somebody_else wrote:Lurker coming out here, but just this once, so you can flame me all you want. I won't see it.

I've known Deborah a long time, met her online and have met her in person a few times. I've been involved with her on sites all over the web since 2000, and I am the one who told her to apply to Suite when she was not happy with AC. Don't know this WSS person, but I can tell you this. If Deborah says she exists, she does.

Yes, Deborah is passionate and easily riled, and defensive of her friends, but schizophrenic and delusional, she is not. As for why she left, why would ANYONE want to be part of a site where they were accused of the things she and her friend have been accused of? I think that anyone who would continue to post to such a site should be the one looking after their mental well being. Anyone who sticks around to be accused and abused has some issues that most probably would benefit from psychiatric treatment.

As for the flamer, I most probably know who this person is. They have a beef with Deborah from Demand Media Studios, not Suite101, and have caused her untold grief on that site and elsewhere, and even sent her malicious emails to an address she ONLY uses for DMS and PayPal, so we suspect it is someone on staff, or a hacker who has cracked into the site records. There are a lot of hackers on DSS.

For those of you who want to believe the worst, maybe there is something a little wrong with you too. Most probably you have some trust issues, since you are so willing to believe the worst about people who have been nothing but kind to you. I've been lurking here a long time, even when there were only three or four people posting, so I know how it was before the Suite flamers and the DSS'ers came along. If you will think about it, WSS was here long before Deb made her appearance, and she only came in to defend herself against Barbi.

Don't be so quick to judge someone just because another anonymous person says they are something they probably aren't. The only person who knows for sure is MP, and she has done some pretty freakish things in her time too, so I don't think she would ever judge or out anyone. If this person is absolutely sure these two are the same person, then secret_squirrel could ONLY be MP. Think about it. Benevolent site protector one minute, anonymous flamer the next. I don't see it, but it's the only real possibility if what they say is to be taken as fact -- unless the site has been hacked, and MP being a computer pro and all, I don't see that happening.

Otherwise, this person is wrong, and the fact that they are vicious enough to even post this shit proves that maybe THEY are the one who is a little schizo, at least suffering from Antisocial Personality Disorder. Ask yourself why? What did Deborah ever do to this person? For you DMS'ers, does the name "Pat" ring a bell? Most probably, or the vicious toad on DSS. Maybe the CE on DMS who is tearing apart their articles? There are obviously some really sick personalities over there, if DSS is any indication.

otterpop

Postby secret squirrel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:22 pm

mostprobablies wrote:A couple of things:

Deb/WSS said they were leaving, so I don't know if she is coming back.
You can create multiple accounts here.
I don't think Deb was being outed, because she openly said who she was, so that's why I didn't edit any posts.

Thanks for that MPS - because that was a question of mine = how can you actually out someone who's given their name on the forum anyways?

mostprobablies wrote:I did promise no censorship unless it was too much douchebaggery. As much as I don't like some of the stuff that is said sometimes, I don't think it falls into a level of huge douchebaggery, so I left the post. Sorry Deb/WSS if you're reading this. It's nothing against you or anyone, but I promised no censorship and someone being an ass doesn't warrant an edit. This is the "not so nice Suite zone," and I'm sure I'll get flamed sooner or later. (I actually did already) lol

That's good to know MPS :D

mostprobablies wrote:The Suite people read here, so it's expected that they will come here flaming the people here. Try not to let a forum bother you. That's all I can say. If it bothers you too much, then you probably shouldn't post here.

Good counselling there MPS well done
secret squirrel

Postby secret squirrel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:27 pm

mostprobablies wrote:ummm, no, I'm not secret_squirrel.

I can confirm that MPS aint secret squirrel :lol:

mostprobablies wrote:

It's a forum, so yes, people do just pop in to attack. secret_squirrel has been around for a while, but he/she just hasn't posted. Not sure why that seems so implausible to you. I'm not defending anything this poster said, but all she/he did was post a PM and give Deb some shit. I said I wasn't going to censor, so I can't go around editing posts that people don't like. secret_squirrel's asshattery is within the bounds, even if I think the poster is a douche or not. I appreciate Deb being a part of the forum, but if it upsets her, I totally understand why she wants to leave. It's the smart thing to do. She is always welcome to come back, if she wants to. She can make requests that people not attack certain posters. Whether or not anyone follows through on her request is up to them, but I can't just edit posts that are flames.

I'm really sorry she's upset, and thanks for posting this. However, you're off on some of your assumptions. Since you aren't coming back, then I guess I'm just talking to everyone reading here. :lol:

Thanks MPS = I'm specially pleased with the reference to my longevity as a member on the site :D and yes - someone else is definitely off on their assumptions!
secret squirrel

Postby secret squirrel » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:42 pm

Oh how stupid of me - I forgot to respond personally....

somebody_else wrote:
Yes, Deborah is passionate and easily riled, and defensive of her friends, but schizophrenic and delusional, she is not.
shit! I never even considered the probability that Debs was schizo and delusional! Silly me....

somebody_else wrote:As for why she left, why would ANYONE want to be part of a site where they were accused of the things she and her friend have been accused of?

What, exactly, have they/she been accused of?

somebody_else wrote:As for the flamer, I most probably know who this person is. They have a beef with Deborah from Demand Media Studios, not Suite101, and have caused her untold grief on that site and elsewhere, and even sent her malicious emails to an address she ONLY uses for DMS and PayPal, so we suspect it is someone on staff, or a hacker who has cracked into the site records. There are a lot of hackers on DSS.

You most probably know shit! Secret Squirrel has nothing to do with Demand Media Studios so consequently hasn't caused anyone any "untold grief on that site and elsewhere" and consequently has never sent Debs "malicious emails to an address she ONLY uses for DMS and PayPal."

So please apologise to DMS staff who you have just seriously maligned and accused. And the hackers who havent hacked....

secret squirrel

Next

Return to Anything Goes