Who's more mad...Barbi or DSA/WSS???

General chat about whatever. Maybe we can bring back the awesome that was the Suite101 forum networking and advice we had in past years.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Re: Who's more mad...Barbi or DSA/WSS???

Postby hopeful » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:14 pm

secret squirrel wrote:Thanks for that MPS - because that was a question of mine = how can you actually out someone who's given their name on the forum anyways?

OK, let me put an example to you, so you can realize why that would be outing someone. Let's say I wanted to out myself here with another account. I posted as myself, so I kept my nose clean. After all, my name and reputation would be online for everyone to read and judge. But I also keep my hopeful account, to say whatever the fuck I want. It WOULD be outing for some asshat to come along and say, "oh by the way, hopeful and **** are the same person."

Did I give you permission to tell the Internet that I was behind hopeful? Some of you might know who I am, but you're really only guessing. MP has even said she thinks she knows who I am, but she hasn't said my name. I would neither confirm nor deny if any of you tried to guess. I'm trusting that MP would never give my IP address, since she has said she will keep that secret for all of us. I know I'm not hiding my identity, but I don't want it advertised.

Of course, it is within MP's rights to define outing as she sees fit. This is afterall, her forum. If any of us don't like the rules, we are free to leave. I for one still like this place. BUT if the asshats continue to overrun the place, then I would stop visiting. I just hope that doesn't happen.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Re: Who's more mad...Barbi or DSA/WSS???

Postby hopeful » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:16 pm

otterpop wrote:As Somebody_else will never see this ( :D ), let me post my hypothesis:

Deb says to herself, "I must protect my identities, because people are starting to work out the puzzle pieces on how unlikely it would be two friends who live next door to one another to communicate on a message board instead of just meeting in the garden, and now my convienently-timed-for-sympathy hospitalisation looks as though my mind is unhinged. I know! I'll post again as a name that will convince all who read my manifesto that it is someone else, not me ... A name that is Somebody Else!"

Damn good points! :)
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Previous

Return to Anything Goes