Alexa rating kicking ass!

General chat about whatever. Maybe we can bring back the awesome that was the Suite101 forum networking and advice we had in past years.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Alexa rating kicking ass!

Postby hopeful » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:00 pm

I don't know if you pay attention to your Alexa rating, but it's going through the roof!! It's currently 224,213, which kicks my main site's ass. And we're talking about a site I've had going since 2000 and has a PR of 5!!! I don't know how you're doing it, but pat yourself on the back! I have a newly signed contract with an epub, and its Alexa is just below 300K, so you're kicking ass!!!! Just thought you'd like to know! :)
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Re: Alexa rating kicking ass!

Postby DSAldridge » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:41 pm

It's so strange, because we don't really have a lot of people posting, just a lot of Suitees lurking. Oh well, a visit is a visit.
DSAldridge

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 am

Put advertising and start selling learn to write courses. Maybe the TEs will appreciate that you try to educate their evil and illiterate CWs ;)
BoredWriter

Postby So_not_nice » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:11 am

It's Hutch, googling his name...Aye Hutch? You're a creepy lurker ain't ya...you posted so! Hutch, we all know is one CREEPO of the interweb and Suite101 allows him to validate his CREEPY ways...Show this to your wifey and she will know...
So_not_nice

Postby mostprobablies » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:08 am

lol I haven't checked our alexa rating, but thanks for that. I only have 1 backlink, so I'm not sure if my PR will go up at all in the next update.

I have some funny keyword phrases being used to get here, so I might post some of them. The only reason I hesitate is because it gives Suite an idea of what to focus on to push me down the rankings. For instance, I get a few dozen PVs for "peter burger asshole." :lol:

The forum gets the most traffic, but I'm gonna leave off annoying ads and not get greedy. I'm getting enough to pay for the service, so it's costing nothing but time to keep it up.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Postby hopeful » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:52 pm

Yeah, it amazes me that it's so low, especially since the PR is nothing. I guess the majority of your visitors have the alexa bar. THAT is what gives you a good score, not links.
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Return to Anything Goes