Think I'm gonna make a promotion/leads section on here

General chat about whatever. Maybe we can bring back the awesome that was the Suite101 forum networking and advice we had in past years.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Think I'm gonna make a promotion/leads section on here

Postby mostprobablies » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:46 am

We're getting more traffic here, so I might take hopeful up on her offer to kill spammers. I need someone in a different time zone (thank you hopeful for the offer).

Anyway, I think I'm going to kill the suite101 writer forum and create a forum for sharing places to make money and promote writing. Something like that. Hopefully, help some people get away from the three cents a day BS and find other places to make money. Thoughts? DSS already has a place for it too, but not everyone reads there. Since the content farms died, I figure it would be helpful for writers who got burned to share places to make money.

I know Angela is hiring too, in case anyone missed her thread. You can check her out at http://www.untrainedhousewife.com. She has a new design layout and I think her site looks nice. I'm a writer there, but I just never find the time to contribute.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Re: Think I'm gonna make a promotion/leads section on here

Postby BoredWriter » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 pm

Sounds good :)

I'm happy with Wikio, but I 100% recommend your own blog for adrev, hubpages and squidoo for link building and guru/elance/odesk until you get clients from your own blog. But that's just me, and I'm not a full time writer (writing could never pay what my day job pays as a freelancer if I wrote Parry Hotter and sold it).

I am a really untrained and useless housewife, don't think she can use anything I could write...
BoredWriter

Postby hopeful » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:05 pm

Kill which forum? You don't mean this one do you? I'm still willing to help though. I just hate that crappy spam!

edit: Oh, I think I just realized which forum you mean. The middle one that hardly ever gets any posts? LOL
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby wannashootsomebody » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Sounds good.
wannashootsomebody

Postby DSAldridge » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 am

This is a great idea! Turning this forum into something positive will go a long way toward making people see that it wasn't formed out of evil intent, but only to let people know the truth about Suite.
DSAldridge

Postby Kiuka Finnegan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:50 pm

Great idea! :)
Kiuka Finnegan

Postby hopeful » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:53 pm

Did you still need help, MP? I don't notice Britney visiting, unless she lurks as she patrols?

Actually, she last visited 7/15. :shock:
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby mostprobablies » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:48 am

yeah, I posted this, then I got a cool gig for an article on SQL injection.

I'm gonna close the Suite Writer forum, then create a promotional and leads forum where people can promote their work or post opportunities where writers can make money. Hopefully, a helpful resource. I'll try to get that done this week.
mostprobablies
Site Admin

Return to Anything Goes