Well, that explains it then

General chat about whatever. Maybe we can bring back the awesome that was the Suite101 forum networking and advice we had in past years.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Well, that explains it then

Postby wannashootsomebody » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:06 pm

Out of curiosity, I looked at Demand Media's stock price. It's crashed to less than half its original high, and still going down. This decline started when? In March, after Panda, and it took a nosedive after Panda 2.2, so that explains why they aren't dropping titles and are being obtuse about shit. Of course, we aren't allowed to say anthing about the stock price on the forums. If they die, a lot of people will be screwed. Thing is, they used to say they made most of their money from eNom, so if they do, why are they crashing after Panda? I still get a lot of eHow in search results, and some AC, but NO Suite...none...not even ONE has come up in search on the first two pages in months.

Since blogs are doing so well, I see content sites changing to blog sites with featured experts for each blog. Hubpages is already giving each of its writers sub-domains under their names, just like free blog and website places do. If all the article sites do that, Google will have a problem, because they will have to block by domain name and that's just not right.

I'm thinking I'm going to start selling some shit on Digital Point forums. I sold some there years ago. Not a lot of money, but I can knock out some good rewrites and sell them pretty quickly there. I've seen people sell articles for $10 if they have good SEO. I can knock out a 500 word $10 SEO article in 30 minutes, tops. I'd do $15 if they want to be able to get it tweaked, but $10 if they want to do the tweaking themselves. Do you think that's a decent price?
wannashootsomebody

Re: Well, that explains it then

Postby hopeful » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:50 pm

When I wrote a few articles for ecopywriters.com, they gave me 2 cents a word, so that's $10 for a 500 word article. Seems perfectly reasonable to me. We're just used to taking shit after writing for Suite for so long. LOL
Suite101.com ~ Everything you never wanted to know :P
hopeful

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:45 am

Wikio experts is actually €5 for very, very, very little work. As in people are writing 20 articles per day, no references, nothing.
Write under a pen name though, do not use your real name or it may end up attached to really badly edited articles.
BoredWriter

Postby DSAldridge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:13 am

BoredWriter wrote:Wikio experts is actually €5 for very, very, very little work. As in people are writing 20 articles per day, no references, nothing.
Write under a pen name though, do not use your real name or it may end up attached to really badly edited articles.

I registered there, but haven't written anything yet. Still trying to catch up on bills writing at DMS, but next month for sure, I will be checking it out.
DSAldridge

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 am

They take about 2 months to pay (things written in May got paid first week of July, after requesting payment first week of June) so don't start there unless you have a safety deposit. Otherwise I am making around €100 per month with absolutely minimum effort (As in, every so often I write a couple of articles when I have an hour free) so I am sure people make much more.
BoredWriter

Postby DSAldridge » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:29 am

BoredWriter wrote:They take about 2 months to pay (things written in May got paid first week of July, after requesting payment first week of June) so don't start there unless you have a safety deposit. Otherwise I am making around €100 per month with absolutely minimum effort (As in, every so often I write a couple of articles when I have an hour free) so I am sure people make much more.

I will still be writing for DMS and Bright Hub to pay the bills, but I want to branch out. I've heard good things about them. Some of the writers I most respect seem to think well of the site, so I hope it keeps up. Sites like that tend to run out of money and crash, though, so I want to get in while the getting is good.
DSAldridge

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 am

I don;'t think they'll last a long, but the french branch is old and respected so maybe if they clean up their act and get better editors...
Right now they are a bit on the overSEO side when editing.
BoredWriter

Return to Anything Goes