LEGO is the new Suite Quality measuring stick

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

LEGO is the new Suite Quality measuring stick

Postby Miraj » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:00 pm

200 articles about Lego sets! That's right...200 articles where each reviews an individual Lego set. Check it out....

http://william-reed.suite101.com/

This must be the new quality that's been so talked about on Suite...Lego. Damn, I think I'm gonna go write myself 200 articles on puzzles...maybe more given how many there are. Or maybe i'll start writing high quality reviews about all the Hasbro action figures; one article per figurine. Or maybe i'll start writing reviews about individual comic books.
Miraj

Re: LEGO is the new Suite Quality measuring stick

Postby BoredWriter » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:29 pm

You know, there's people who dedicate a large part of their salaries and time to buy and mount lego sets. And I am not talking about teenagers there.

They may love this guy :P
BoredWriter

Postby archie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:44 pm

Oh look, it's Pat.

10 bucks says he plays Warcraft.
archie

Postby archie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:45 pm

I clicked on one of them. Holy shit. Maybe if he said LEGO a few dozen more times in the first paragraph, he will rank.
archie

Postby BoredWriter » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:54 pm

archie wrote:I clicked on one of them. Holy shit. Maybe if he said LEGO a few dozen more times in the first paragraph, he will rank.

So much for the fantastic algorithm that would delete articles with keyword stuffing...

BTW, I just checked and people actually write reviews of individual comic books. Some also trade for horrible amounts of money (the books, not the reviews).

Geeks have a lot of disposable income it seems.
BoredWriter

Postby NotSoMuch » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:14 pm

I was genuinely shocked his articles made it through the purge. That said, if he's devoting so much energy to this, why doesn't he set up a niche blog?
NotSoMuch

Postby archie » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:15 am

Because even geeks can be morons.

I still maintain that the purge was nothing more than getting rid of articles that weren't making them any money, and then if the writer complained, then they would put it back up.

Back in the day, I thought Suite101 had some honest staff, but now they seem like a bunch of slimy liars kicking people who disagree with them. It's just like DMS.
archie

Postby BoredWriter » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 pm

My articles make less than a cent per month, all together make maybe one cent every two weeks...
Yet they were left there, untouched.
Not about money.
BoredWriter

Postby archie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:58 am

Well it wasn't about keyword stuffing either. Probably a combination of things, but the fact that they left articles up from their top earners tells me money did play a part.
archie

Postby HelenKrasner » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:36 am

I think several top writers had articles removed. IMHO, it wasn't done with any thought, or even any human intervention. It was a third-rate and faulty algorithm designed by a tenth-rate IT person on a bad day. If you complained, you got your articles back. I then complained I'd lost revenue, and got an extra $10 compensation. Then I kindly agreed not to spread that around (fool that I am), so that poor MK, who had such a lot on his plate (sob), wasn't flooded with similar requests. Well, he fired me anyway, so I see no reason to stick to that.

And I write here under my own name, and I don't care who reads this!
HelenKrasner

Next

Return to Suite101 Quality