LEGO is the new Suite Quality measuring stick

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Re: LEGO is the new Suite Quality measuring stick

Postby prickly » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:33 pm

Nah, the purge was a crock. They didn't delete any of my articles, not even the ones promoting events that happened in 2009. I don't make any money on suite - never had, never will. And I didn't write for the sheer joy of it; I thought Suite would pay off. Won't get fooled again.
prickly

Postby archie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:23 pm

prickly wrote:Nah, the purge was a crock. They didn't delete any of my articles, not even the ones promoting events that happened in 2009. I don't make any money on suite - never had, never will. And I didn't write for the sheer joy of it; I thought Suite would pay off. Won't get fooled again.

When did you come on? I wish I had pumped out articles when I first first got my account in Feb 2009. It was worth it if you had the science down, but after Panda? naaa forgettaboutit. I really wish I had gotten on board about a year earlier and pumped out 1000 articles. You could write complete crap and rank in Google, which is why I think Suite101 slacked after Panda. Whenever a reduction in PVs came around, writers bitched but Suite bounced back. I saw it happen all the time, and they changed nothing and just played damage control. Panda was the fist hard slap Suite got and never returned. They actually got hit even worse, especially after the dumb subdomain trick.
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 am

So do you think the purge can help or is helping Suite? Not to come back completely to where it was, of course, but to bounce back up a little? I've been noticing my stats rising, but I'm pretty sure that's due to seasonal articles coming back in season and has nothing to do with the purge (I kept all my articles). Curious if it was actually a good move on Suite's part or is actually helping anyone.
NotSoMuch

Postby Cassie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:02 pm

My stats are rising too. They purged 8 of my articles (out of 140) completely at random it seems, I think someone used a random generator instead of an algorithm to make the choice. I appealed on 5 of them (the other 3 were crap anyway so I let them go). The 5 were reinstated together with an apology regretting the necessary but woefully inaccurate purging (their words). Maybe it has helped Suite bounce back a bit but God knows how.
Cassie

Postby prickly » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 am

I only judge my stats from where they were ages ago and I don't see a long-term, upward trend. I've added Google Analytics, just for fun - the bounce rate from Suite is sooo high. not a good sign either.
prickly

Postby ucw » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:25 pm

prickly wrote:I only judge my stats from where they were ages ago and I don't see a long-term, upward trend. I've added Google Analytics, just for fun - the bounce rate from Suite is sooo high. not a good sign either.

I didn't know we could add Google Analytics to Suite (or the other way around.)
ucw

Postby archie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 am

Their bounce rate is ridiculous. It's part of their shit rank, and instead of bitching at Matt Cutts, maybe they should look at the fact that no one wants to see the damn site in their SERPs and bounce.
archie

Previous

Return to Suite101 Quality