TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Re: TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Postby grasshopper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:12 pm

"glitz and glamour" was meant to be tongue in cheek. I was in the TE post long enough to find out that it was not all that it was cracked up to be. My troubles began when I notified a writer in my assigned area that I had featured one of her articles. Shortly thereafter, Emma emailed me that this writer had been promised the TE spot that I was given, so I was to take my choice of several nowhere topics instead. I objected, and I was out. Only my articles lived on without me.
grasshopper

Postby BoredWriter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Don't businesses give people courses on employee/people management anymore?

I've worked with some pretty bad managers, but Suite must have a record on bad communication.

'Sowwry mate, we know we promoted you but she gave us more cookies so fuck off'
BoredWriter

Postby archie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Because I caught wind of who was "reporting" to Suite about this site, I have my guesses as to who ratted you out in your group. Someone told me who was providing evidence to Suite for who I was, but really, I don't care. Iv'e even spoken to the person and I have been cordial, because they only did me a favor. I know who it was for me and I caught wind of it BEFORE I got banned, but TBH, when I got the email, I just thought "Meh." It's no big loss. People have complained that they can't get their articles taken down. I think Suite will hold off on people who are making them money. Not knowing Suite's cut, I think I was making them decent money. I was making about $300 for my cut, so I can only guess that it was only a small percentage of what Suite was actually making. They held my articles for about 3 months, and then, I lost so much income, I was down to $40/month. I figure at that point, it wasn't worth keeping me or my articles, so they took them off. If you were down by 90% on your income, at that point it was probably OK for them to cut you and your articles, but really, it's a GOOD thing that they pull your articles. The only articles I've seen them return are the people who criticize them, so if you want your articles taken down, you have to pull an Amie or criticize them. lol

It's funny, because had you said that stuff to them 2 years ago, they would have been OK with it. They must be stressed out and they are pulling a DMS to rein in the critical comments in public. But I believe it was Karen who said that if they'd be more open to allowing critical comments on the Suite101 forums, they'd have less problems with people taking it to public forums on the Internet. I really didn't get the idea for this site until I started getting warnings to STFU. lol
archie

Postby HelenKrasner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:37 pm

If you know who the mole is, could you let me know, privately if you prefer. We'll get rid of 'em!!!! Or at least try and check it out.
HelenKrasner

Postby archie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:00 pm

The thing is I don't know for sure! I only know that someone told me who was talking to Suite and then I found out some stuff later from the person who I heard was ratting me out, so it made sense to me. I'm pretty sure it was this person who ratted me out. If you want me to tell you what happened to me, I will, but I don't know if it's the same person for you, know what I mean?
archie

Postby HelenKrasner » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:01 am

Yep, I understand. But yes, please could you tell me what happened to you.
HelenKrasner

Postby BoredWriter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:55 am

Send individual messages to each and every forum member, with a unique piece of information on each. Wait and see which of those bits of information reach suite. De-moletize the group!

Or just be like me, feel sorry for them and don't give a shit.
BoredWriter

Postby HelenKrasner » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:48 am

Nice one, BoredWriter. But 170 of them!!!! No way, I have a life...

I don't feel in the least sorry for them. And I do give a shit, because if I can find out who it was for certain, then I want them off the group. It's a closed group; I can do that! Everyone is welcome....except Stephanie, Michael, and their friends.
HelenKrasner

Postby archie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:24 am

Let me get some coffee in my, Helen, and I'll send you a FB message.
archie

Postby HelenKrasner » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:08 pm

archie wrote:Let me get some coffee in my, Helen, and I'll send you a FB message.

That's a loooongggg coffee break. Still waiting in eager anticipation......
HelenKrasner

Previous

Return to Suite101 Quality