TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Re: TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Postby archie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Oh damn. I have a real job now and I'm not bumming around forums as much. lol So, Helen made a comment about Suite101 in a private FB post and Suite killed her account? Damn, what assholes. Anyone got a copy of Helen's post and the email? I'ma ask for access to the group, but she might not allow me in there.
archie

Postby So_not_nice » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:38 pm

archie wrote:Oh damn. I have a real job now and I'm not bumming around forums as much. lol So, Helen made a comment about Suite101 in a private FB post and Suite killed her account? Damn, what assholes. Anyone got a copy of Helen's post and the email? I'ma ask for access to the group, but she might not allow me in there.

Because it's a closed group there is a general feeling of respect regarding the posting of information from there to other places. BUT archie, I am SURE, that you will be allowed in and then you can read to your hearts content! There are quite a few axed writers already there!

PS - Suite got the info from a 'mole' within the closed group...
So_not_nice

Postby archie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm

That was a shitty thing to do, Ms/Mr Mole. That's why I keep m "in" group really small. You can't be huge and expect someone not to narc someone out. That wasn't cool at all though. What did the mole get in return? I pat on the back and a thank you from Stephanie?

Suite is getting too touchy with criticism since Panda.
archie

Postby BoredWriter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:58 am

I personally think it's ridiculous that Suite bothers having a mole on a private group. Sure, if Helen had gone on a rampage posting on every possible public site the letter and a rant, dropping Suite even lower on the search engines, I'd understand being pissed.
But it's a private group formed of people who somehow doubt are all Suite cheerleaders or they'd stay in Suite until the ship sinks or the forums go public.
BoredWriter

Postby archie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:46 am

LOL This site got a mention. This is why I have an anonymous group. You can't say what you really feel with your name slapped on it, unfortunately. Not that it really matters anymore, because Suite101 is a dead site.
archie

)

Postby HelenKrasner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:23 am

Hi people,

I only found out about this site a couple of days ago, at the same time hearing that there was a thread about me on it. Love the title by the way - "Emma'd by Stephanie". Anyway, I just joined, though I probably won't come here much as I have enough to do with the Suite Facebook group and setting up my own website (with my now non-duplicated Suite articles of course!) but I thought I'd make a few things clear.

I started the Suite Facebook group in order to keep my writing contacts when Suite went down the tubes, which I was sure would happen, and when/if I got fired, which seemed likely, as I'd had a couple of warnings before. It's been incredibly successful. As others have said, you're welcome to join; we accept everyone, and there are no rules and no moderation - and we won't have any except in extreme circumstances, eg plotting murder! Oh, and as someone said, if your name is Stephanie or Michael (as I'm sure Stephanie is only MK's pawn) then we definitely won't have you!

As has been explained, I got a warning email from Stephanie. I wasn't all that surprised, as what I think are to-the-point comments tend to get interpreted as blunt and even rude - even though I think I make a real point of not being rude. But I wasn't being that careful. While I made money from Suite - and before Panda I did - I was cautious. But my income was down by 90%, so it wasn't worth worrying about it any more. Anyway, I was putting Stephanie and Mia on the spot, and asking awkward questions, and they didn't like it. So...I posted Stephanie's email on what I (rather niavely, perhaps) thought was a closed group of friends. Then I went shopping. Several hours later I found my Suite account closed and an email from Stephanie saying I had been "disrespectful and unprofessional" to post her email and my account was closed...but did I want my articles back (you bet!). I asked her what was disrespectful about posting what she said was a reasonable email...and I should have added that spying on a closed group was disrespectful to say the least, but I didn't. Of course I've had no answer, and I have no plans to waste any more time with her.

Thanks to everyone who feels sorry for me, but you really don't need to you know. I have a reasonably successful writing career (magazines, books etc) and Suite was a rather pointless hobby...though the forums were addictive in a weird masochistic sort of way. And I'd love to be there when the sinking ship finally goes down. But really, it's no big deal for me.

As for posting Stephanie's email, no, I won't do that on public forums. But you can join the group and follow all the gossip if you like. However, as you know, at least one of the people here doesn't like the fact that we don't want to be primarily a Suite knocking site (our motto is "We write beyond Suite 101") so you may not like it over there. Your choice though. We've had a little flurry of new members over the last day or so, which I suspect is due to the link being posted here. That's great; I always wanted to contact all the fired Suite writers, so I'm really pleased about it.

That's about it. As I said, I doubt if I'll come here much, but I'll drop in now and then over the weekend to read this thread and answer any questions; after that I'm away for a couple of days with no internet access anyway.

Bye for now.....
HelenKrasner

Postby grasshopper » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:02 pm

Helen - please post a link to your group. Thanks. I'm glad you are OK and moving forward.

When Emma emailed me to say that I was being relieved of my TE job because "they" had promised the post to someone else, in a moment of madness, I posted her email in the TE forum and was ratted out within minutes by another TE to whom I had sent a PM describing what had happened. I believe it was the posting of Emma's email (which she immediately removed) and the telling of exactly what had transpired that got me sacked, not the secondary fact that I didn't like any of TE positions (of obscure topics) she offered me in place of the original one. I could have sunk back down into the primordial slime and continued plugging along as a writer without the glitz and glamour a TE appt, but I wasn't given that option.

I'd like to know how I can get my articles taken down.
Last edited by grasshopper on Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grasshopper

Postby HelenKrasner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:14 pm

With pleasure. http://www.facebook.com/groups/251740361566362/. I would have posted it before, but I thought someone did on the previous page.

Suite used to fire people but still keep their articles. At least they remove them now, which is slightly more ethical...or do I mean less unethical, since 'Suite' and 'ethical' don't fit well together.... You could try emailing Stephanie I suppose, stephanie.cebulka@suite101.com. Let us know if that works, because I don't think you're the only one in that position.
HelenKrasner

Postby ucw » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:34 pm

Welcome, Helen.
Regarding the mole, am guessing it is a self-appointed mole. Which is a bummer, but if Suite is really getting that paranoid, I have been missing out on the fun and should start paying attention. Truth is stranger than fiction! ;)
ucw

Postby HelenKrasner » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:53 pm

grasshopper, "glitz and glamour of TE appointment"? There isn't any. At first you just get paid the princely sum of 50c for editing articles, which, if your topic is Aviation, is about once a month, so no big deal. Then....first you get told you HAVE to log into the community forums at least once a week. Next come requests for collections of articles, more detail about your topic, promoting your topic, etc etc. All for 50c per edited article and the dubious honour of having TE next to your name. I just edited the odd article, which was fun and there were so few of them, and ignored the rest...well, I logged into the community forums now and then and didn't bother reading. Sometimes I stayed logged in all day, which probably looked good.

They would probably have fired me as a TE long ago, but who else knew about aviation? Then, after the Great Article Purge, I demanded some money for all the revenue I'd lost for my 50 removed then reinstated articles, and got an extra $10 and an email from MK himself. This started an email correspondence with the great boss, which ended when he said he'd only been in post about a month when the shit hit the fan (my terminology, and I'm paraphrasing) and it was hard. I told him the job of CEO was never meant to be easy, and to get on with it - and I never heard back. I think now that MK was maybe sort of trying to get me on his side or buy me off.

So, you see, I've kind of been getting away with a lot and this had to happen some day.
HelenKrasner

PreviousNext

Return to Suite101 Quality