TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Postby So_not_nice » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 pm

It's all going down on the Suite 101 writers facebook page! Seems MK and the smiling assassin Stephanie don't like it when Suitees share stuff on a private site...someone snitched and Helen got the boot for being "unprofessional" and has had all her articles taken down...she has kindly shared the "You're Out" email...fabulous stuff!!
So_not_nice

Re: TE gets the boot...Emma'd by Stephanie

Postby I'm Done » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Wow, when you try to view one of Helen's articles, instead of the basic page can't be found message, you get a shell of the page with a shitload of ads. Maybe they think someone will be stupid enough to click on an ad on a page with no content. The scary thing is that you can now easily see all the fucking ads they place on a page, except for the Google ads in the middle of an article (since there is no article on the page). Can Suite Admin make the site look even more shitty?

I want to say that really sucks for Helen, but they probably did her a favor.
I'm Done

Postby NoWay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 pm

That's the way my articles are now - just empty shells with ads. I quit by replacing all the content of my articles with copy and paste stuff from Wiki. It's amazing how fast they acted on it. I actually felt bad, because i was afraid it would be a while before they caught it. So, a couple of hours or so after I did it, I went back to change the content to "deleted" like Aimee did so that it would be more obvious. My account was already deactivated.

I don't really have anything against Suite. I was annoyed about the death of the private forums, which is the only reason I hung around hoping things would improve. But I really needed one article taken down for private reasons, and I knew from other posts that Suite isn't responsive to those kinds of requests. So I made it impossible for them to keep them up. If they continue to keep the empty shells up, I'll click fraud the hell out of them until they are forced to take them down.

Feel free to pass along any particularly juicy posts from the thread. I miss Suite drama!
NoWay

Postby So_not_nice » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:50 pm

NoWay wrote:Feel free to pass along any particularly juicy posts from the thread. I miss Suite drama!

It's not on a Suite thread - it's on the Suite writers past and present facebook page. It's a closed page and anyone who has ever been associated with Suite as a writer is free to join. No moderation. If you want the link just say and I'll post it here... :D
So_not_nice

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:20 am

Mia Carter is now administrator on the forums. Changes, changes.

I am sorry for Helen, it's absolutely Suite's loss. Doubt they'll find a TE for her topics any time soon, and they are damaging their own image and antagonizing writers.

It's like being fired because somebody told your boss you talked about work during a family dinner. Absolutely ridiculous.
BoredWriter

Postby ucw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:46 am

So_not_nice wrote:
NoWay wrote:Feel free to pass along any particularly juicy posts from the thread. I miss Suite drama!

It's not on a Suite thread - it's on the Suite writers past and present facebook page. It's a closed page and anyone who has ever been associated with Suite as a writer is free to join. No moderation. If you want the link just say and I'll post it here... :D

Post link pretty please? :)
ucw

Postby BoredWriter » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:01 am

http://www.facebook.com/groups/251740361566362/

Helen approves everybody, unless you are called Stephanie I guess ;)
BoredWriter

Postby ucw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks, I asked to join. Better make sure I have plenty of popcorn...
ucw

Postby ucw » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:21 am

Also agree about this not turning into a rant group about Suite site. I think many of us already grew tired of the regular forums and the endless arguing and disagreements.

That is just a not so dramatic snippet that reflects the terror on the Suite FB group of anybody saying anything bad. I think Suite 101 should be based in North Korea, not Canada, where you can get in trouble for NOT mourning the death of the leader, and you can get in trouble for FAKE mourning the death of the leader. There, the terror is justified.

The inability of so-called "writers" in the free world who are afraid of people who disagree with them and unable to use their critical thinking skills is just so nauseating... but I'm not saying anything bad. Oh, no, I would do that. Unicorns, skittles, rainbows...
ucw

Postby DontCareAnymore » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:23 pm

Doubt they'll find a TE for her topics any time soon, and they are damaging their own image and antagonizing writers.

From what I understand, they're not taking any more TEs because it isn't in Suite's interest.
DontCareAnymore

Next

Return to Suite101 Quality