Deep Thoughts, by Paula vs. fuck kids

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Re: Deep Thoughts, by Paula vs. fuck kids

Postby Miraj » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:20 pm

Another Paula classic tonight from the Suite forum...

Paula wrote:You can call me Lady Paula if you like, Jon. I'm sure those over on the detractor site will love to take me to pieces for that, like they haven't already shredded my reputation...

My husband reckons that the Chinese scraping is all government sanctioned. Not sure how right he is but there have been tales of keyloggers being planted remotely on laptops and phones taken into the country and the Uni's servers are constantly under attack by portal bandits trying to find a way in.

Google really needs to write an algo that knows when an article was posted, regardless of the date actually on it.

Was that a reference to MostProbably? Gotta love the love for China though.

Paula wrote:What I do know is that their students (Chinese) are adept at traveling in packs and taking over (albeit politely, if noisily) anywhere they go. Maybe it's revenge for the Mongol invasion all those centuries ago, who knows?

You know it's interesting...I do business with people in China. I have for more than 2 years now and I have NEVER had a problem...and I am spending $500 USD a month on average there. Of course I don't try to find "slave wage" prices either.
Miraj

Postby So_not_nice » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:55 am

So Poorla has shared her deepest thoughts about the Suite forums closing in preference for a public forum, and the negative reaction of suitees...

"We have been screaming for change.
We have been demanding action.
We have been (at least some have) withholding work until we see one or other or preferably both.

Now that we have both, we seem to be still screaming.

Now, I know I'm tired, my brain is toast after a week spent with the monthly report for close company and I am not entirely sober here. But that seems really odd to me: things are being done that we asked for (change and action) yet we don't like it.

OK NIMBY. WHAT DO YOU LIKE?

We can't keep on yapperating here among ourselves because that won't bring us readers.
We can't keep the 'members only for comments' idea because that will mean we still get spammed stupid by 'members' who join for the sole purpose of spamming us all out witless.
People are not reading the articles, in part because they cannot react to them in comment form, see above.
If they're not reading they're not clicking and that means no rev for us either.

I REPEAT: WHAT DO YOU WANT?

Honestly, could you do any better? Then go ahead and try, punk. See how you like it when Google refuses to pay you $100 in AdSense rev for some stupid technicality that they didn't notify you about at the start. See how you like trying to fight the Chinese spammers on your own without Suite backup.

Just try it. Bet you won't like it when it comes to every one of your articles not being ranked because some spammer has scraped'em and has engineered with technical smoke and mirrors a higher ranking than your own blog, created with your own blood, sweat, tears and time. And the one or two pvs a day for several hundred posts? Yeah, been there with this site. Why should it be any better on your own personal blog? Have that great a follower base? Then why are you not up there with Marsha Collier as one of the most influential social networkers in Forbes' latest list?

Yes, I'm angry. Yes, I'm cheesed off. No, I do not agree with everything that is happening. But the management are doing what they consider to be right to try and dig the site out of the mess the Panda put us all in. You'd bail, would you? At this time? Well, that's your choice. Leaves more of the outcome for those of us who do choose to stay."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
So_not_nice

Postby archie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:44 am

LOL!!!

Honestly, could you do any better? Then go ahead and try, punk.

Actually, you can, plenty of people HAVE, and all that bullshit she whined about is on Suite too. What an idiot. She will always be poor because she's dumb and hates everyone but herself.
archie

Postby BoredWriter » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:07 am

Poor us, all of us punks.

Instead of just ranting against anybody who is different from us and being bigots on forums that anybody can read... we get on with our lives and work.

I really wonder how many potential jobs she has lost already within Suite by claiming that foreigners, mums with children, facebook users, etc... are all idiots and sheep. I am sure most of my bosses fall in at least one of those categories.
BoredWriter

Postby So_not_nice » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:33 pm

More of the inner workings of Poorla's brain...isn't facebook just a modern form of penpalling??

"My hobbies revolve around words - I enjoy penpalling and also collect names and addresses of other penpals. My database is 25 years old, has nearly 19,000 entries, all coded according to whether they are current or not, and by interests relevant to me. It has gone with me through every PC and laptop I have had access to since 1993. Before then it was handwritten. Currently it resides in an Excel spreadsheet but I have plans to upgrade to an Access format and launch it as a fully fledged paid penpal and swappers' listing within the next year."
So_not_nice

Postby Miraj » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:45 pm

Paula wrote:"My hobbies revolve around words - I enjoy penpalling and also collect names and addresses of other penpals. My database is 25 years old, has nearly 19,000 entries, all coded according to whether they are current or not, and by interests relevant to me. It has gone with me through every PC and laptop I have had access to since 1993. Before then it was handwritten. Currently it resides in an Excel spreadsheet but I have plans to upgrade to an Access format and launch it as a fully fledged paid penpal and swappers' listing within the next year."

LMFAO...does she really think someone will PAY to swap anything with her? And since when does entries from 1993 through to 2012 equal 25 years? Doh! Oh and let's not forget that the "home" computer still wasn't even common-place in the early-1990's (with less than 25% of households in North America owning one)...the most popular at the time being the Commodore 64 & 128...which if any of you know these early machines, everything was done in command line basic.

Even her claim of 19,000 entries makes no sense...as that would be 3 entries a day, every day, for 19 years (not 25 years Paula - maybe use that computer to learn basic math again)

Paula's memory of her own history is about as colourful and as accurate as her insane opinions.
Miraj

Postby NoWay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:32 pm

Even her claim of 19,000 entries makes no sense...as that would be 3 entries a day, every day, for 19 years (not 25 years Paula - maybe use that computer to learn basic math again)

I don't care anything about defending Paula, but she said that, before 1993, her database was hand-written. I don't doubt that she's been doing whatever she's doing for 25 years. As far as volume goes, it wouldn't be hard to fill a list like that. Let's say she gets a job at a business that has 1,000 employees. She could think that, by working for the same company, she has a relationship with every one of them, and add the company's contact list to her collection. Regardless, I imagine whatever she has is vastly out of date, and the great majority of those whose entries are current wouldn't appreciate their contact info. being sold.
NoWay

Postby So_not_nice » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:54 pm

LOL!!

Now Poorla is posting in the "OMG They're Closing Down the Suite Forum - My lIfe is Over" thread that she will not join FB because she fears her personal information may be sold...and yet in another thread she boasts how she's collected information during a 25-year period relating to people, their hobbies/interests etc and intends selling it...um, so taking someone's information from them for commercial gain - without telling them - IS okay as long as it's Poorla doing it and not someone/something doing it ito Poor LaLa! :roll:
So_not_nice

Postby Miraj » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:13 pm

NoWay wrote:

I don't care anything about defending Paula, but she said that, before 1993, her database was hand-written. I don't doubt that she's been doing whatever she's doing for 25 years. As far as volume goes, it wouldn't be hard to fill a list like that. Let's say she gets a job at a business that has 1,000 employees. She could think that, by working for the same company, she has a relationship with every one of them, and add the company's contact list to her collection. Regardless, I imagine whatever she has is vastly out of date, and the great majority of those whose entries are current wouldn't appreciate their contact info. being sold.

True - my bad for not breathing while ranting
Miraj

Postby archie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:43 am

Did she really say she was going to sell people's info? The info she got from friends, if she has any? LOL What an asshole thing to do.
archie

PreviousNext

Return to Suite101 Quality