The New Suite 101 has launched!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

The New Suite 101 has launched!

Postby So_not_nice » Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 am

It's TOTALLY fabulous!! It's in read-only mode, no-one has any idea what it will look like or how they will be paid - and yet so many people are EXCITED! Because it is EXCITING if you type IN CAPS and have EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!!

Read this then have a lie down because you will be too EXCITED to do anything else:

http://community.suite101.com/
So_not_nice

Re: The New Suite 101 has launched!

Postby archie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:12 am

I like how they say the goal is not to be dependent on Google. cough......*bullshit* .....cough
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Well, if they're not going to use the proper recipe code, they probably don't care about people's articles showing up well in Google.

Or they don't know the first thing about what they're doing. One of the two. :roll:

With all the push to get your family and friends to come read your stuff, it basically sounds like the world's worst pyramid scheme. So good luck with that.
NotSoMuch

Postby archie » Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:29 pm

Click fraud mass dump of authors incoming again. It will be the return of the Click Fraud Writer Dump of 2009.
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:32 pm

I see what you're saying, but I'm not sure how many writers will be left to commit click fraud and be dumped once the dust settles and the new site is actually "live." After the mass razing of incoming links, I've seen even some of the biggest rah-rah cheerleaders talking about getting their articles back, so I'm truly curious to see who will even bother to start setting up new channels.
NotSoMuch

Postby archie » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm

One thing they tell you NOT to do in Adsense is tell friends/family to read your stuff, because those people will click just to help you out, and it becomes a pattern. I'm sure that's what happened with the writers who got sacked in 2009. I believe them when they say they didn't click their own ads, but I bet friends and family did to help them out.

I'm assuming they will keep Adsense that is.
archie

Postby So_not_nice » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:11 am

Um. 101 has opened its doors. To absolutely nothing. There is nothing to see and none of the contributors can see anything that anyone else has done. It's a blank canvas folks - the poor wannabes have waited almost two years for the great unveiling of white space... :o
So_not_nice

Postby NotSoMuch » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm

I don't know. I can see this bullshit post by Michael Kedda: http://suite101.com/p/introducing-new-suite101

The new Suite101 isn't so much a rebuild as a fresh start, a new beginning. We think differently about the platform than our predecessors did, and we've worked hard to blow away the cynical, built-for-advertising, made-for-Googlebot content model that was superimposed on this pioneering "power to the people" site for the past several years.
The Suite101 we took over at the beginning of the year just didn't make sense anymore. The brand had shed its purpose, swapping a commitment to quality and solidarity for an obsession with quantity and competition. The purpose of the site became strikingly single-minded: More. More of everything. Ads, click-throughs, keywords, SEO tricks, writers, content.

Is it just me not being up on my Suite history, but wasn't Kedda the one pushing the "cynical, built-for-advertising, made-for-Googlebot content model"? And what is he saying about taking over a Suite that didn't make sense at the beginning of the year? Just because the head honchos finally threw their hands up in the air and gave it to him as a losing proposition, that doesn't mean he wasn't there, involved, and culpable before that point.

Have fun writing for free, future contributors.
NotSoMuch

Postby archie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Well, you gotta give the guy credit: He said no more SEO, and a blank site is pretty much 0 SEO.
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 pm

Welp, thank goodness the new Suite is only home to robust and unique articles authored by natural communicators who want to share their passion for a subject without an eye to gaming search engines or using highly searched for keywords.

http://suite101.com/a/usps-rate-change- ... d-packages
NotSoMuch

Next

Return to Suite101 Quality