Mwahahahahahaha!!

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Mwahahahahahaha!!

Postby So_not_nice » Mon May 07, 2012 11:35 pm

Q: So what do you do when you're a broke Suite101 and don't know what the hell to do next?
A: Run a hastily-arranged competition where entrants give you your answer for free, by offering a trip to Vancouver and the chance to meet Stephanie :roll: :

"Want to get in on this? Great! Then you need to send us two things:

1. A description (max 800 words) for your ideal online interest community -- including its specific topical focus, and anything else that's relevant (audience, platform, community members, tools, and so on). Make sure to describe competitor sites, why your community is different and important, and how you would go about promoting it.

2. A reason (100-200 words) for why you would like to come to Vancouver and help us user-test the site.

Winning entries may be published on Suite101's blog."

I'm betting they've lined up a patsy winner already - someone who will pretend they've won this special prize - and can be bribed with croissants... :P
So_not_nice

Re: Mwahahahahahaha!!

Postby archie » Tue May 08, 2012 5:43 am

Methinks it was to settle the natives who were pissed that their highest earnings were TE pennies. LOL
archie

Postby ucw » Thu May 10, 2012 12:07 pm

If they were offering chocolate croissants I might accept...
ucw

Postby archie » Thu May 10, 2012 7:07 pm

I was thinking about sending in a poem. Unless you are an ass kisser in the forums, you don't win Suite competitions.
archie

Postby ucw » Thu May 10, 2012 10:17 pm

How do you spell kissing sounds?

ppppwwwww pppppppwwwwwwww ppppppwwwwww ?

Dang, I haven't thought about Suite and then I got an email that $14 had been deposited in my paypal. Then it all came back...
ucw

Postby archie » Fri May 11, 2012 9:41 am

Speaking of revenue, my freakin ehow payments were a lot better this month. It's where it was pre-panda.
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:39 pm

First report of the winners' trip to Vancouver popped up on the forum.

So despite the fact that the contest description specifically mentioned winners getting to test drive the new site (I think the schedule even had two test sessions penciled in), there is, in fact, no site set up so to speak beyond a series of brainstorming pink Post-it notes stuck in (admittedly neat) rows on the bleak wall of what appears to be a college dorm room.

https://twitter.com/suite101/status/213408716345712640

Kind of loving the wooden spool table. It really pulls the room together.
NotSoMuch

Postby archie » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 pm

NotSoMuch wrote:First report of the winners' trip to Vancouver popped up on the forum.

So despite the fact that the contest description specifically mentioned winners getting to test drive the new site (I think the schedule even had two test sessions penciled in), there is, in fact, no site set up so to speak beyond a series of brainstorming pink Post-it notes stuck in (admittedly neat) rows on the bleak wall of what appears to be a college dorm room.

So who got to go? It's always a yes-man or woman.
archie

Postby I'm Done » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:25 pm

archie wrote:
NotSoMuch wrote:First report of the winners' trip to Vancouver popped up on the forum.

So who got to go? It's always a yes-man or woman.

Alex Sharp and Christina Gregoire

Christina wrote about her observations
http://community.suite101.com/forums/vancouver-trip

and Alex also did one
http://community.suite101.com/forums/back-vancouver

There's a lot of non-information in their comments, though not as cryptic as MK. They do provide a little information, but for the most part it's what we've heard before, only in English this time. My guess is if they were given more info or saw anything new, they had to sign non-disclosures so they don't give away too much (or really anything) to the rest of us.
I'm Done

Return to Suite101 Quality