Suite suite suite...

Description of your first forum.

Moderator: Britney Spears

Suite suite suite...

Postby So_not_nice » Wed May 02, 2012 9:00 pm

Oooooh! So Jennifer Croll is back...and her first major announcement is to sack all Feature Writers and Topic Editors - and they all said 'Welcome back'!!! (before they knew) :lol:
So_not_nice

Re: Suite suite suite...

Postby archie » Thu May 03, 2012 5:18 am

So_not_nice wrote:Oooooh! So Jennifer Croll is back...and her first major announcement is to sack all Feature Writers and Topic Editors - and they all said 'Welcome back'!!! (before they knew) :lol:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just came here for that. Hilarious. They are really trying to rake in some cash. I think someone on here said they would do that eventually to save money. Now I have something to read while I'm at work.

Oh man, their last cheerleaders are sacked.
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Thu May 03, 2012 1:15 pm

They did say that FW and so on get to keep being paid at their current bonus levels, but I'm curious to see how long that lasts.

Also, all "descriptions" of the form of the new site sound like a hot mess. Plus, the fact that MK is doing the brainstorming for the upcoming new contracts on the back of cocktail napkins... :roll:
NotSoMuch

Postby archie » Thu May 03, 2012 1:40 pm

NotSoMuch wrote:They did say that FW and so on get to keep being paid at their current bonus levels, but I'm curious to see how long that lasts.

Also, all "descriptions" of the form of the new site sound like a hot mess. Plus, the fact that MK is doing the brainstorming for the upcoming new contracts on the back of cocktail napkins... :roll:

I haven't been to the forum in weeks, but I noticed the "Welcome back, Jennifer!" and then "WAT?????" after the "bad actors" comment from MK. I have to wonder if MK wakes up and asks himself how he can speak in metaphors today.
archie

Postby So_not_nice » Fri May 04, 2012 11:04 pm

Continuing Suite's march forward, they've taken yet another step backwards! Hot on the heels of rehiring Croll, TPTB have - after 18 months promising a new, better, brighter Suite announced...DRUM ROLL PLEASE....................they are changing the URLs so that they no longer feature the writer's name first. Whew!! Massive. Let's recap: they didn't have TEs, then they did, now they won't; they did have Jennifer Croll, then they didn't, now they have again; they didn't have writers names in the main URL, then they did, soon they won't...pattern emerging here??? :geek:
So_not_nice

Postby archie » Sat May 05, 2012 6:46 am

I think they know they are fucked and their new rank is exactly where they will stay.
archie

Postby So_not_nice » Sat May 05, 2012 5:32 pm

MK has been impressing his three followers with pearls of wisdom and belief in the future of suite, whatever that may be coz he hasn't thought of it yet. However, he has indicated it will be something like Quora but nothing like it at all. And if anyone wants to know how the new Suite will work...MK "defers" you to a link to ....Quora :roll:
So_not_nice

Postby archie » Sat May 05, 2012 6:16 pm

So_not_nice wrote:MK has been impressing his three followers with pearls of wisdom and belief in the future of suite, whatever that may be coz he hasn't thought of it yet. However, he has indicated it will be something like Quora but nothing like it at all. And if anyone wants to know how the new Suite will work...MK "defers" you to a link to ....Quora :roll:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw that. It'll be like Quora, but not really so don't worry guys!

I wonder if the purpose of switching the forum to the web was to kill off some posters. If that was the plan, damn they were right on target. There *are* like 3 posters left. :lol:
archie

Postby NotSoMuch » Sun May 06, 2012 11:11 am

Looks like the FW/TE bonuses are not long for the world! But don't worry writers, because MK promises that they've imposed on themselves an unshakeable requirement that the majority of current writers must, at a minimum, not be financially worse off for the switchover. I guess the fewer writers left, the more mathematically possible it is for S101 to share with those left whatever "profits" they are making these days so as to make up for lost bonuses? :roll:

lol "at a minimum."
NotSoMuch

Return to Suite101 Quality