squirrels eating sweet potato vine flowers

Forum for the Mother Hubbard expats.

Moderators: archie, Britney Spears, realwicked

squirrels eating sweet potato vine flowers

Postby Cheryl » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:11 am

I think I just spotted one of the critters eating the flowers off my sweet potato vine. LOL Poor fellow.

Cheryl

Re: squirrels eating sweet potato vine flowers

Postby Attilius » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Speaking of squirrels on the way home from work I just saw one run across the road....or rather sit in the road and dare me to run it over.....that had really pointy tip ears. I have never saw one around here like that. Mutant squirrels or a different breed I have never saw around here before.
Attilius

Postby Cheryl » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:28 am

Attilius wrote:Speaking of squirrels on the way home from work I just saw one run across the road....or rather sit in the road and dare me to run it over.....that had really pointy tip ears. I have never saw one around here like that. Mutant squirrels or a different breed I have never saw around here before.

Squirrels get crazy in a road. They just dart back and forth and just when you think they have run into a yard they will turn around and dash back across the road. I'm not sure where you live but I have seen pointy eared squirrels on our travels. Google and see if it was an Abert's Squirrel. That's the only critter I can think of that is common in parts of the US. We saw some of them in Tennessee and I don't think they are supposed to be there.
Cheryl

Postby Attilius » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:33 pm

It was kinda like that only the tips did not seem so hairy and so high. For all I know they could be all over here but for the life of me I don't know why I never noticed them before.
Attilius

Postby Cheryl » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:28 am

Attilius wrote:It was kinda like that only the tips did not seem so hairy and so high. For all I know they could be all over here but for the life of me I don't know why I never noticed them before.

We used to only have gray squirrels here. Then some red squirrels started moving in and they must be mating with the gray ones because I'm seeing gray squirrels with red tails.
Cheryl

Return to Mother Hubbard